This post will unveil some cool features that will come down the road and open new perspectives on how to make the most out of our platform.
Lets begin with the front end applications – where the end user can interact with the content prepared by the content producer.
We are working on the « bubble remix » feature, enabling the users to dynamically remix the video stream just by playing with metadata (tags, taxonomies etc) in a very visual way. Basically, it’s setting up a filter and then perform it in real time on the assets contained in the Beam. We plan to add a feature where it will be possible to change the order of the assets manually in the timeline (roll view) to manage the right placement of the assets.
So there will be dynamic filtering and manual ordering of the assets available for any user, enabling a precise and intuitive remix.
The other feature we are working on is the capability to name and save the remixed Beam and to share it on the web, connected to the account of the user.
One additional feature we plan to integrate is the possibility to remix various Beams together – add Beams to a selection and remix through various data sets of different content producers. This opens a big door on original remixes and surprising combinations through various content collections…
For the moment the user sees a list of Beams that are available to download on the mobile device. We plan to show the Beams that where created by the user (as a private feed), enabling him to create personal sets of content before « walking a movie ».
For example the user can pre-filter with the Beam remix the content that is interesting for him, name and save his own Beam and then download this Beam in the Memowalk mobile application.
One other very important feature we plan to add is the capability to create user generated content while listening to a story. The user will be able to add pictures or videos connected to the story; at the end of the walk the content will be uploaded and connected to the main story.
A monitoring service will prevent that users publish inappropriate content; the users will also be able to edit their own content and make it available for others, opening the way for contextual and collaborative content creation…
Let’s look now at the back end tools, that will be used by our clients to create, manage and publish interactive and original projets.
Michi, the administration console.
To be able to manage usages, users and the projects, Michi is offering administration features that will be accessible directly through the main Memoways website (login to your account).
Michi is already offering:
– creation and invitation of users to your workspace & projects
– creation / renaming of projects
The following features we will implement in Michi will be:
– administrate your account (billing)
– statistics and metrics
– settings of the project (information, visuals)
– management of the published Beams (categories, comments, publication)
– management of the published walks (publication, promotion)
Further on, we will add:
– creation of algorithms through simple drag&drop of predefined calculation modules with user definable variables
Tansa, the indexing application.
Our OS X application is the central part of the platform, as it is there that the content producer will upload, index and administrate the content.
The actual features of Tansa are described in this page; we are working towards adding following things:
– interface & workflow optimizations (better interaction design)
– connection people of a contact database to assets through roles (connect the protagonist or actor to a video etc)
– create and set Facets through the Schema Editor
– connecting assets to POI’s or other maps through XY coordinates, by using your own bitmap picture to map assets
Other things we would like to add:
– enhanced video capabilities (basic editing, filtering)
– cloning assets with subsets of specific Metadata (having several versions of the same asset in a project)
Web services, APIs.
This is for power user and developers, enabling them to create their own usages on top of our technology.
The actual APIs are described here; we are working toward adding following features to our Memoways Cloud Services:
– building our own video transcoding platform
– accepting uploaded resources from mobile and web sources
– push notifications